Thursday, April 5, 2012

errr happy fencing easter!


As I am on easter vacation again away from my town I don't have many fencing news. Fenced again yesterday at my home town-club. Did lots of bad fleches where my epee went straight passed the opponent giving them easy points... uff... Suffice to say that I lost 6-10 to an overweight 40 year old mum! Then I won 10-9 to a girl that has been fencing for 6 years, so that boosted my self-esteem again a bit. All in all I did badly though, I parried a lot of her lunges without reposting and played more defensively than ever. I wasn't so confident so I let a lot of good moments pass and that is really irritating!
I got corrected by a very good coach recently on many technical things but I am sure I will make the same mistakes again unless I get repeatedly corrected upon them ( shifting my weight to the back leg, keeping the shoulder high up, leaning forwards while lunging, not doing an explosive enough attack). It is all nice in theory but when it comes to doing it I am not self-aware enough  to correct myself.
Anyway, I am currently working on some fencing jewellery! I will upload fotos shortly!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment