Thursday, February 23, 2012

Foiling around...


                                                            naturally born fencer!


The news is I have decided to take up foil just to have a chance to practice more and enhance my fencing generally- but my heart belongs to epee <3 .So I picked up a foil down at the club yesterday, waved it around and poked people at various off-target places. Appart from that I did quite well - I regard losing 10-6 to a foilist as doing well.
The first difference I noticed is how much lighter the foil feltto the hand, much easier to manipulate.
The second is how quicker people moved - competing against them will do my epee speed good.
The right-of-way thing was vastly annoying. But one thing it can teach me is dealing with the opponents blade first before attacking. Double hits and no point awarded was also annoying. Appart from the rule-difficulties it was fun. I can't wait to have a one to one lesson with the italian coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment